Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fireplace Facelift...

I am so excited about my latest project As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a fireplace in need of a "new look".  Need to give it a little spice, jazz it up give it some personality!  

Step 1:




Attach a fantastic product I found at my local home improvement store called Bondera.  This product can be placed directly on the wood of my fireplace - no sanding or stripping required!  I've never tiled before so I'm kind of excited about this!  All you have to do is cut the pieces to fit the area you want to tile, remove the film backing, and stick it to your surface. Note: be sure you have it lined up perfectly because you only get one shot at this.   Once you press it into place it does not want to move. Next remove the film on the front and your ready to attach your tile of choice.

 Step 2: Attach Away!




I've chosen to use river rock as you can see above.  Though it comes on a mesh sheet I found myself placing many of them on one at a time to get just the right look and fit.  It was a little time consuming but it made me feel kind of artsy and fabulous so I just rolled with it.

Step 3: Grouting.

I won't lie, I'm a little scared to begin this step.  The river rocks have an uneven surface so I'm a little worried about putting it on with my little trowel tool. It sounds messy and messy kind of freaks me out.  Well I won't know until I try so here goes!

Check back for all the gooey details....



No comments:

Post a Comment