Monday, October 8, 2012

Grouting

GROUTING. 
Not my favorite part of this project, but still doable.  I began by applying the grout with my little tooly thing and proceeded to end up with more on my drop cloth than on the actual stones - but I can't give up so I tried again.  Now the stones are completely covered and I start to wipe the grout off of them.  Everything's smeared and messy and I am freaking out!  Thankfully my friend Jamie was available to calm me down and assure me that I'm dong it right, it's just a messy process.  I don't like messy, it makes me nervous.  There has got to be a better way.

Hey how about this!


I decorate cakes on occasion, so I had the piping bag and tip in my pantry. I found this worked great for getting the grout down in between the uneven stones and I was able to control the application much better.  


I also wasted less grout which can be a real money saver!  Next I wiped and smoothed the grout out with a sponge and that part was still a little messy but what are you going to do?  Grit you teeth and get through it!


So now that I'm stoned and grouted I can chose my paint colors!  This could take a while.... Check back for the big reveal!


No comments:

Post a Comment