Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Look What I made!


Those who know me well, know that I love a good challenge!  My neighbor and good friend Jenny, introduced me to an amazing blog about a woman who lives in Alaska and builds all kinds of things.  I couldn't find a table to fit my dining area and Ana had the plans for a farmhouse table on her website that I absolutely loved!  I've never really built anything before but she said it wasn't hard so I decided to give it a try.  Here are some photos of the final product:


                                  I love the character of the wood and wanted to maintain the look!


Much of this wood was reclaimed from a local eco store.  I loved the knots in the wood and didn't want to fill them in and smooth it out too much.  I don't know what the wood was in its former life, but I love it now.  If only it could tell us it's story.....

Gotta go for now - I need to go dust.  I might have mentioned it's kinda dusty here...


No comments:

Post a Comment